Thursday, February 12, 2015

TBT: Elvin Bishop, "Calling All Cows."

OK, I can do this "Throw Back Thursday" thing. I've never gotten my scanner to work, so I don't have lots of embarrassing old photos I can share, but I've decided that, every Thursday, Good Lord willin' and the cricks don't rise, I'll post one of my personal musical "golden oldies." I'm starting with this Bo Diddley inspired number that I first heard on WBCN, Boston's first album-oriented rock station, sometime (1967-70) when I was in law school, staying up late to do assigned reading. It's one of those songs that just stuck in my mind, despite never hearing it again until I did a web search yesterday. The clip above is of a live performance at Callahan's Music Hall, Auburn Hills, Michigan, in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment